Tuesday 23 November 2010

Unit 208 theme 2 - Related to People and Portraits Theme -Happy !

Just had the go-ahead from the Bakery , I can visit on friday to take shots for my assignment 208, Principles of location photography ,Task 1a  people and portraits. The theme I have chosen is Butcher , Baker and The Candle stick-Maker ,the reason for this is I have been all of the above !!!!
When I was18 yrs old I was working at a local bakery ,there I met most of my good friends and some  really funny characters, which made the job more enjoyable ,I have been in contact with the bakery recently for permission to take photos for my assignment . I will have to keep a few things in mind when going into this place of work, I have checked their health and safety policies and will be wearing a white coat , a hair net and clean shoes, checking areas where and when I can photograph that will be safe ,also confidentiality -not expose the company name and special ingredients used during the baking process. I will also be showing the images I take to the supervisor, making sure that I have ad-eared to the rules they have set out to me allowing me to photograph in their bakery.
My next job was working with my mum and dad as they started their new business ,a butches shop. I worked up to six days a week at some periods, over eighteen years so I got to know the job inside out and  again made lots of good pals in the process .My dad retired around four years ago but the man who brought the business agreed to let me photograph him . I have done  this and will be loading the photos on shortly. Whilst I was in the butchers shop and cutting up area I checked their health and saftey policy and ad-eared to it . I worn a white coat , tied my hair up and wore clean shoes, I checked when and where I was a loud to photograph ,checking floor space as I moved around walking and photographing.
 Finally a  job I still do now ,a part-time candle maker along side another part-time job. I have worked for a local candle-maker for around four years on and off so I know the heath and safety procedures in my present place of work ,when walking around the shop floor you have to be a-wear of 10 ltr buckets of hot wax ranging from 60  to a 100 centigrade, so footings are imperative and naked flames are used too, so again being a-wear of where you stand .
 I will be using my Fine-Pix digital camera ,it has a set lens ,other equipment- just spare XD card ,set of fully charged batteries and a lens cloth and extra XD cards .

Fuji Finepix S5600

                                            

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    Just to let you know I have your new blog site address and I look forward to seeing your images.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    We need to get your labels sorted,and go through which blogs meet which ones, I will go through this with you. This is the very next thing we need to do to see what criteria need attention and which ones are done sufficiently.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete