Thursday 4 November 2010

unit 208 theme 1- Osmaston

Osmaston is very close to where I live and it a beautiful location with a lake , wood mill and waterfall, so I decided to nip off with camera in hand , I had my mother with me again for health and safety reasons ,camera ,bag ,extra batteries ,XD cards ,lens cloth ,brolly and phone.

Tree lined .
ISO  
In this photograph I like the shape of the trees that line the track, the tonal range of the trees in the distance, the line of the fence that leads your eye further down the track. 
Flying High.
ISO 200   1/1000   5.6
Whilst down by the lake in Osmaston there were a lot of gulls and some water fowl ,once one bird moved they all moved so I  had a go at catching a picture of a bird in flight. I  managed it but didnt  really get what I wanted , I have watched programs on TV and I observed the birds in flight as it suggests but I wasn't fast enough or close enough  .The shape and the color in the picture is ok.

Reflections.
ISO

 In this shot I walked up a bank and took the photograph down on to the water, I think the reflection produces good shape and color from the sky. I also like the fact that the water side of the shot is in shadow with a little illumination from the refection ,the line of the fence separates  bright sunshine and the texture of the grass.  

Tall Trees.
ISO 200   1/000  5.6

I like the color the sun produces when it his the leaves on the left ,also the lines and shapes of the trees and the texture of the bark and the fallen  red leaves .
Waterfall.
ISO
This waterfall is just next to the wood mill in Osmaston , Ive shot this photo in color before and fancied it in black and white ,I think it is slightly over exposed . I like the way the bough of the tree falls into the picture, the texture of the brick work, the leaves and the tones of grey color throughout the picture.


                                                                        

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    Little or no supporting text to accompany this work, you need to write your thoughts and ideas, did you have the right kit, lens or approach. Who's work has influenced you,are you pleased with these images, what would you do differently next time, etc...etc...
    Can you add the text to fill out this blog as you cant just have images on their own.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve,these images were loaded on to blogger quickly to empty camera card and didn't get chance to add additional info,I will be adding text as soon as .lisa

    ReplyDelete